Monday 14 May 2012

Brisstyle Indie Twilight Market April 2012

On Friday the 28th April, The Quizzical Owl attended the Brisstyle Indie Twilight Market. The forecast was for rain so the location of the stall moved onto the terrace in King George Square. I'm so grateful that there is a wet weather option for us and for our customers. Thankfully the weather held off right until the very end of the market.

There were lots of people wandering around the market buying all the handmade lovelies. I was thrilled with the feedback that I received about my hand dyed yarn. This is only the second market I have brought it to, and it's still exciting when somebody loves it as much as I love dyeing it. The jewellery was also very popular. We love hearing people's reactions to the Lego! Most people laugh or giggle at the jewellery, which is the reaction I love the most. I enjoy making people smile with my work - who wouldn't? :-)

I had made some rings from dead Apple keyboards and had them available at this market. The keys were taken from three separate keyboards that had been fried, so rather than throw them away, I made good use of the pieces. The most popular key? The Command key.

Here are a few pics from the night:

Rings made from Apple keyboards

The crowds enjoying the handmade goodies

A whole basket full of hand dyed yarn






No comments:

Post a Comment